Monday, January 26, 2009

The weather outside is frightful... But my tomato basil soup was delightful!


Today began what is a common occurrence in Oklahoma... ICE. We rarely get a nice snow... When we get winter weather... it's typically ice... and generally lots of it.


So I made my run to the grocery store and decided that I would make a tomato basil soup.


My friend M makes it... and I used her recipe. I texted her and asked for the recipe... Below is what she sent me. :)


Listen people... If you like tomato soup... You must try it.


It is simply delicious. My lovely husband... who is horribly picky- ate it up... and Hudson loved it too.


Oh! And when you make it... Don't forget a nice crusty french bread... Dipping it in the soup makes it 100 times better!




Here's the recipe:




1 quart and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream


30 ounces of tomato sauce


12 ounces of tomato paste


splash of chicken stock


1 whole wedge of parmesan cheese grated


2 tbsp of butter


garlic, salt, pepper, and basil to taste




Let simmer... and serve with crusty bread!


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment