Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friendship? Yes please.


***This post was supposed to be added a couple weeks back. With our vacation and being sick I haven't updated in a while. It was still in my drafts. This is for you S. I can't wait to meet your baby boy!***

It was a Sunday morning... Early 1990's. I sat on the front row... she sat a row behind.

She was quiet... I was anything but. She was blond... I was brunette. We were different, but we were the same... That day neither one of us knew or understood that our lives would be forever entwined ... Entwined by childhood memories, junior and high school joys and heartaches, marriages, and babies. (---hopefully a lifetime of "good stuff" :) ---)

Today my friend S and I had the best talk... She is the sort of friend... that each time you talk or see each other-- you pick right up... S is expecting her first baby! (Baby Gunner--Auntie Danna can't wait to meet you)--S and I have wanted to be wives and mommas as long as I can remember... It's always been our dream... and to think... all those years ago we sat and wondered if we'd ever grow up. It's comical now, but back then ---in the midst of high school sports, proms, dates, break-ups, and the usual highs and lows of being a "kid"... It seemed like an eternity away.

I'm so excited for you... This new chapter... The mommy chapter of your life. You were made to mother... It runs deep within you. It's natural for you. Prepare yourself... it's a love like no other. Mommy hood is an incredible thing. Enjoy every second of this pregnancy... and soak up every moment of his life.
I'm glad I've had you S... I'm glad you've had me.

No comments:

Post a Comment