Thursday... We were riding in the car and Hudson says, "Mom member when you made me a peanut butter sandwich and daddy took me to the golf course... that was the bestest day EVER!!!!!"
See. That day I'm pretty sure I begged Josh to get out of the house and to take Hudson... Somewhere. Anywhere. Just OUT.
He did. He took him on his first golfing experience. They had a picnic under a tree.
It was a good day. Josh said they enjoyed themselves... but months later. It is the "bestest day EVER!!!!" to my almost 4 year old boy. Something we take for granted. A day out. Time spent. Memory made.
I've said this about a 1000 times before- it is HARD work taking kiddos anywhere- alone. Then I had Hadleigh and well... Getting out the door- to the park, a special lunch, build a bear (that's a whollllle nother' story), anywhere for that matter is HARD.
But- I'm realizing- I've thought lots of my "outings"- (memory making fiascos)- were a total BUST... but they may just be the best day EVER for our kiddos.
So. I will do it again. I'll tote a diaper bag, my one year old, and coach my almost 4 year old through a parking lot... I'll make a memory. I'll get tired. I will get red and start to sweat on my upper lip. Cause it may just be the best day EVER.
I read this from my FAV blog tonight... It was more confirmation to make those memories.
http://www.kellehampton.com/2011/03/making-memorieshalf-full.html
love this!
ReplyDelete