Sunday, June 6, 2010

Family of FOUR... The birth of Miss. Hadleigh Katherine

My pregnancy felt like it lasted a lifetime. Now its over... and whew! It seems like it was a blur. For 22 weeks I suffered morning, noon, and night with nausea. This was a different pregnancy. I carried this little one very low and she was quite the mover! Even through all the morning sickness... the aches and pains... I'd do it ALL over again. I really LOVE being pregnant. Josh begs to differ. But I do. I really do. It makes me so happy. Being "with child". I love the feeling. I love giving life....

Our sweet baby girl arrived March 16, 2010. March 16th already meant so much to Josh and I. 8 years ago we said, "I do" on that day. Now, we share that day with our sweet daughter. We were beyond excited for her arrival. Hudson talked about teaching her how to play cars, ride his four wheeler, and teach her to talk. He loves his sister and is a wonderful big brother.

The day before Miss. H's birth I had my pre-op appointment. Josh took me and my blood was drawn and all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed. We were told to arrive the next morning at 6 am.

That night I don't think I slept a wink. The anticipation and excitement were overwhelming.

Josh and I were up at 4:30 am. He snapped a picture before we headed to the hospital.


Miss. H's delivery was a bit different than big brothers. With Hudson I didn't know that I would have a c-section. It was a surprise and when I look back a little blurry. This time I "knew" I'd have a c-section and had time to think about it. We were taken to pre-op where my IV was started and my doctor came in and gave me my "pep talk." Shortly after we were taken to the OR and delivery began. I remember it being sooooo cold. I couldn't stop shaking. The anesthesiologist was wonderful and very attentive. My spinal block was started and Josh came in. He took my hand and then Dr. J began the procedure. It seemed like it took a while for her to get her out. I had quite a bit of scar tissue and it took some time to work through. When she pulled Miss. H out I waited... For that first cry. It still gets me. The thought of her first breath... first cry. Wow. God's goodness amazes me. Life amazes me. They brought her over to me. So tiny. I kissed her sweet face and then Josh and the nurses took her to be checked out.



Miss. H came into this world at 6 pounds 13 ounces. And 19 1/2 inches long. Absolutely perfect in every way.














No comments:

Post a Comment